Trade Mark Registration India
A trademark is a distinctive sign or indicator used by an individual, business organization or other legal entity to identify that the products and/or services to consumers with which the trademark appears originate from a unique source of origin, and to distinguish its products or services from those of other entities.
In order to register your trade mark the following are the steps / procedure to be taken:
- Identify the Mark / Logo to be registered as Trade Mark
- Search with Trade Mark Registry for the availably of Trade Name / Mark for registration
- Identifying the Class under which the Trade Mark to be registered
- Filing the application with Trade Marks Registry
- Obtaining the acknowledgement form Trade Marks Registry
After issuing the acknowledgment, Trade Marks Registry will publish the mark in the Trade Mark journal for public information and will call for objections if any. If there is no objection from anyone, the Trade Marks Registry will issue the certificate of Trade Mark Registration.